I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Summary (From Back Cover)
"Don you ever feel like you're invisible? I know I do - just call me Cammie the Chameleon. But at my school, that's seen as cool. Why? Because the Gallagher Academy might say it's for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies."
Cammie Morgan might be capable of killing a man in seven different ways, but she's about to begin her most dangerous mission yet: falling in love. 

Review
We all have out guilty pleasures, for some it might be chocolate or horror films or maybe you're into Justin Bieber (I'll try not to judge you if you fall into that last category) but for me it's The Gallagher Girls series. It's target audience is more towards the younger YA readers - 11 to 17 year olds i'd say - but, I mean, who didn't want to be a spy when growing up? Not to mention it's such an easy read, I'm pretty sure I read this book in less than two days. 

So the story, Cammie Morgan is the daughter of the Gallagher Academy's Headmistress Rachel Morgan, who also just happens to be one hell of a spy. Instead of the traditional lessons you'd expect a teenager to be taking the girls at the academy are taught covert operations, including surveillance, detecting threats and deception. 

But on one of Cammie's class assignments with her spy-in-training-classmates she's spotted by one of the townies, Josh. During the course of the book Cammie and Josh get to know each other and young love blossoms, however, being part of a secret spy school isn't exactly an advantage when dating an ordinary boy.

So my thoughts on the book are pretty black and white. It's a fun read, it's not the most intelligent of books - I mean it's not going to have to questioning they way we live our lives or what true love really means. But it is a sweet story of young love and the way a secret (or several) can affect the relationships in a young girls life. It's a amusing and enjoyable read with some exciting story plots that will make you wish you had gone to Gallagher Academy. It's the prefect book for teens and maybe the odd older reader who has always dreamed of being one of Charlie's Angles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment