eReaders

eReaders vs REAL Books



I'm a huge technology fan, even if I don't know how to use half of it. However, the one thing I just can't seem to get behind is eReaders. I can see the plus sides to them of course. They're easy to transport, you could take our whole library out with you if you wanted and the piece is more often than not a lot cheaper. But does that really matter when you loose that new book smell?

When I was 11 my english teacher came up to me and a couple of friends when we were working in the library and started smelling our books. Now, at the time I thought she was bat s**t crazy, but as we're getting to a point where technology is making the printed page redundant I've come to love the smell of a good book. Or any book come to think of it. Not just that but, I think we'd all be lying if we didn't say cracking the spine of a new book is rather refreshing!

So I guess I'm just wondering how long we have left before publishers decide to give up churning out books when people are so tech-minded? For example you may have noticed Cassandra Clare and Veronica Roth both have short stories that you can ONLY get on your eReader.
Maybe it's just me, but I like waking up in the morning and seeing all my books around me. Makes me feel at home. I can see what worlds i've been too, and what universes I'm yet to discover. For instance I was wondering around my room this morning and out of the corner of my eye spotted Giovanna Fletcher's brilliant novel Billy and Me, which instantly made me smile thinking about Sophie May in her little village teashop.

I Guess I just wanted to voice my opinion on this, because I don't want it said that people don't still love their old paperback books.

***

Check out Billy and Me on GoodReads by clicking the image bellow:



No comments:

Post a Comment