My To Read List

There are so many books currently lying unread and unloved around my house at the moment that i've actually put a ban on buying anymore. These are just a few that I'm rather excited about getting my teeth into.

The Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare
For people who don't know this is the first book in Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series. The books take place in the same universe of Shadowhunters and Downworlders as her Mortal Instruments series. Although these books are set in Victorian England rather than present day New York City.
I hope that the characters in this book are just as feisty, sarcastic and stubborn as their predecessors, as I find that the people are what make Clare's books come to life.

Changeling
by Philippa Gregory
I have nothing but praise for Gregory's books and I am a huge fan of her Cousins War series. Changeling is her debut into the YA world and if it is half as enchanting and captivating as her Historical Fiction then we're in for a treat.

Sever
by Lauren DeStefano
This is the third and final book in The Chemical Garden trilogy. Set in a world where genetic engineering has gone too far and the females of the population die at 21 and the men at 25. This is the story of a young woman named Rhine as she's snatched from her life and sold to a man who intends to make her his third wife. A really exciting series thus far, can't wait to see how DeStefano concludes this story.

A New York Winter's Tale
by Mark Helprin
Now I know this isn't strictly a YA book but I'm looking forward to it non the less! I don't know about you but I'm one of those people who has to read the book BEFORE they watch the film and there's no way I'm not going to see Mr Farrell in this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment