WoW #5


Snow Like Ashes
by Sara Raasch



Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Language: English
ISBN: 0062286927
 

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.
Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.
So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

Why I'm waiting...
Do I really have to answer that? Did you not just read that summary? It sounds AMAZING! I'm geeking out over this book right now, it's not out until OCTOBER which is far too far away and I not sure I'm going to make it. Plus look at that cover! Fangirl Mode Activated.


10 comments:

  1. Yes! It sounds like it is going to be an amazing book.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I love badass female characters. And that cover is gorgeous, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this book! I love that cover and I adore YA fantasy!
    I just saw that this was up on EW and I can't wait to read it soon.
    Great pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too! I've requested it but I don't have much luck with HarperCollins. Fingers crossed though! & for you too :)

      Delete
  4. It does sound amazing and hope we both get our hands on a copy soon. Awesome pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about this on Epic Reads! Sounds like a great fantasy read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been seeing this on a few blogs of late. I like the cover. Hopefully we will both get a copy.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be Book of the moment! I really hope I get a copy soon, not sure I can wait until October ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, I can't wait for it either! AND IT'S UP ON EDELWEISS. All bow to Harper Collins! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Just got to hope I get approved for it now **fingers crossed**

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete