WoW #3


Love Letters to the Dead
by Ava Dellaira




Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Language: English
ISBN: 1471402886
 

"It begins as an assignment for English class: Write a letter to a dead person. Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May did. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to people like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Amelia Earhart, Heath Ledger, and more; though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating new friendships, falling in love for the first time, learning to live with her splintering family. And, finally, about the abuse she suffered while May was supposed to be looking out for her. Only then, once Laurel has written down the truth about what happened to herself, can she truly begin to accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has begun to see her sister as the person she was; lovely and amazing and deeply flawed; can she begin to discover her own path."



Why I'm waiting...
So, I know technically this is out in some places but the UK is not one of them! Paperback comes out on the 1st of May and I can't wait! I honestly can't even put into words how much I want to read this. In fact I'd go as far as to say there isn't a word that amply describes how I feel about this book. Which, will, inevitably lead to disappointment... but I don't care! Can May hurry up and get here please??

PS. Isn't the cover great??



2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so many good things about this book, but I'm way too scared to read it. I tend to shy away from sad/depressing books and this seems like one of them.
    I hope you enjoy it when it comes out in the UK. :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! See, I'm waiting for the UK release too, but all I've seen is high praise so far, so sounds like it won't be a disappointment! :) Hopefully.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete