#5Questions





Author Bio 

I'm happily married to the love of my life (don’t gag) and raising three beautiful children in the gorgeous state of Virginia. We live just outside Washington, D.C., and every day I wake up to find myself stuck in traffic trying to get there.

The horrid commute gives me plenty of time to zone out and think about my characters in full, brilliant details (I’m a safe driver; don’t worry). Stories give me a way to forget about the sometimes smelly strangers sitting next to me on the fifty mile trek into town (I pick up hitchhikers every day. True story. Check out www.slug-lines.com if you don’t believe me).

I’ve been a part of organized hitchhiking for nearly fifteen years, but that’s just one small aspect of my oh-so-large life. When I’m not working, commuting, or chasing after my three children (four if you count the man), you can usually find me outside talking to my chickens like they’re the cutest things in the world (they are), or training my amazing dogs how to herd said chickens (which they love), or curled up on the sofa with a good book (why can’t that be 100% of the time?).

I hope you love my stories (or just like them a little; that would be okay, too). And I hope that one day you find your passion, because there’s nothing in life better than doing what you love while surrounded by people you love.



Title: Charming
Author: Krystal Wade
Publishing Date:  October 6th 2014
Publisher: Curiosity Quills  Press
ISBN: 9781620075357

Summary (via GoodReads)



Sixteen-year-old Haley Tremaine had it all: top-notch school, fantastic family, and a bright future, but all of that changed when an accident tore her family apart. Now, an alcoholic father, a bitter younger sister, and a cold headstone bearing her mother’s name are all she has left.
Chris Charming has it all: a powerful CEO for a father, a prestigious school, and a fortune at his fingertips, but none of that matters when he lands a reputation as a troublemaker. Struggling to follow in his father’s footsteps, he reaches out to the one person he believes truly sees him, the one person he wants: Haley.
Little do they know someone's determined to bring the two together, even if it means murder.







1. How did you get into writing?




I've always loved stories. Reading and writing were just part of who I was, who I am. But it wasn't until 2011 that I really became serious about my writing, when I began working on Wilde's Fire, and since then I haven't been able to stop. After I finished the first book, and a few people read it and enjoyed it, I just began researching what the next step is.


2. When starting a book how much of it comes straight from your imagination and how much is research?




Well, every book I write starts off as a glimpse of an idea in my head. I'll see someone murdered, or like in Wilde's Fire I saw a girl reaching out to touch something shimmering in the forest. I'll sit still and silent when these ideas hit me and just try to listen to my imagination, see where it takes me. Then I do tons of research: towns, names, cars, magic, mythology, ways to kill people, ways to hide dead bodies, ways to not be arrested by the FBI for my crazy Google searches. I usually have stacks and stacks of paper. Then I research my characters, find actors/models and save pictures, then build their personality traits, their backstories. Sometimes I'll draw up extensive plot outlines, and sometimes I won't. Just depends. But everything starts from a single glimpse into my imagination.


3. Who is your favourite character you have written and why?




Oh wow. This is really tough. If you'd asked me in 2012, hands down I would have said Arland Maher from the Darkness Falls series. If you'd asked me early last year, I would have told you Abigail Nichols from Shattered Secrets. But now, now I have Christopher freaking Charming from my upcoming YA Thriller, CHARMING. He's magnificent.


4. Do you go into a book knowing how you want it to end?




Actually, yes. I usually have a good beginning and end lined up in my head. Sometimes I'll surprise myself by pantsting my way through it, but other times I'll outline thoroughly.


5. What 5 books would you recommend for your readers?


Alienated by Melissa Landers
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Nil by Lynne Matson
Thin Space by Jody Casella

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment