Summer Bloggers Tour: SJ


Hello you lovely lot! Over this summer I'm taking part in a really fun tour where I get to introduce you to some new bloggers! Each week we'll have a Q&A, guest post or something a little mad (like todays post) so that you get to know more about them.

Today we have SJ from SJ Bouquet. SJ is a nerdy 18 year-old with couch potato tendencies. An aspiring writer with great taste in TV just check out her tumblr HERE

When talking with SJ we both realised we're a little Potter Nuts and thought it would make a great topic to start off this tour! So, using her Slytherin brain and with me tapping into my Hufflepuff ways we've taken part in our own version of The Tri-Wizard Tournament. 

Remember to vote for your winner at the bottom of the post! 


Excellent! We now have our two champions!



Eternal glory! That's what awaits the blogger who wins The Tri-wizard Tournament, but to do this that blogger must survive three tasks. Three extremely bookish tasks.

But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!


The first task is designed to test your daring and courage in the face of the unknown.

Tell us what the most dangerous book you’ve ever read and how you’d survive living in its unpredictable world.

SJ: I feel like this is such a cliché answer but - The Hunger Games. I mean, there are lots of dangerous books, but in the Hunger Games... there is only one survivor. It's not like I could make friends in that situation and count on them to always have my back. There is no rest in the games. Everyone is intent on killing you, even the environment. 

To survive in that kind of atmosphere, I think I'd mostly hide. I would wait out the storm. I would study up on various habitats. Get to know the landscape so I can have food and know what wild things could poison me. And I'm not an idiot- I'd learn to fight during training so I could defend myself. But yeah :) that's my answer! I wouldn't be a kick ass warrior. I'd just be that person who survived by hiding in the shadows. Maybe ask the sponsors for explosives, gather the remaining tributes and then blow them all to kingdom come in one big bang... In theory my answer could work, but in actuality, I'd probably die in the Games *sobs* I'm lazy and weak.

Mily: A couple of weeks ago I probably would have said The Hunger Games to but I recently read Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki and I honestly couldn’t imagine just how scary and dangerous being a sinner in the world would be. I mean, I’m quite lucky in the fact my sin wouldn’t be lust (it would probably be envy) but still! This is a world that takes discrimination to a whole new level and the idea alone is terrifying.

If I were going to survive living in The Hole there would be a couple of things I think I’d need to do. 1) Do as I was told. It may be a struggle as I’m a tad stubborn but to avoid being prosecuted by the guards doing what I’m told and staying under the radar is something I’d HAVE to do. 2) Make myself useful, that way people will notice and care if I suddenly disappear. They’ll go looking for me. 3) Cole! Give me Cole and I’ll be all right! He and Zeus will look after me just fine. Also I totally agree with SJ, a little fight training wouldn’t go amiss.


Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely one hour to recover what has been taken from them.

Take a picture of your favourite shelf on your bookcase and tell use what one book you’d save from the bottom of Great Lake.

SJ: I LOVE THIS BOOKSHELF RIGHT HERE LET ME TELL YOU WHAT! 


​I've worked really hard to collect these books (because I'm super broke 99.9% of the time). I have fifteen bookshelves in my room (not actual huge shelves. They're all the size of the one in the above picture), and they are filled with classics and random books like "A Tour Guide to the Civil War" or "The Ultimate Book of Trivial Pursuit". I've grown up on dusty old books, which are awesome, but I feel like the above shelf just represents my efforts to keep up with the times and not get lost in Austenland. 

Speaking of Austenland, the book I'd save in a fire is actually NOT on my favorite bookshelf. The book I'd save is on one of the multiple classics shelves. 

IT'S THIS HUNK OF A BEAUTY RIGHT HERE!


Jane Austen is King. I would snatch that big "Seven novels in one" book and not even look back. 

Mily: This is my favourite, although don’t tell the others!


You probably noticed that I’m not one of those people who have everything in height order or even the right way up. But how else am I meant to fit my mini library into my box room? ;) This bookshelf takes pride of place above my bed and I think it tells you pretty much everything you need to know about me as a reader. I like girly, I like paranormal/fantasy, I like colourful covers and I like something you can get your teeth into.

If I could only save one? Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell for sure! Although that copy may be moving soon as I just ordered the new special edition and OMG it’s so damn pretty!! If I could marry a book…


The Yule Ball is just around the corner and it’s time for our champions to take a break. Tell us what you’re planning to wear, what colour is your dress? Also who’s arm are you going to be draped all over? Tell us, we want details!

SJ: YULE BALL! :) Who would I want to take me to the ball? Uh, SEBASTIAN STAN! If you read my blog at all, you'll know I'm obsessed with his face and adorable personality. He's like this huge dork who accidentally became known as the hottest man alive and he's awkward about it all.



Hello Hello *wiggly eyebrows*  

And I'd wear like a dark green dress and silver jewelry (because gold looks really weird on my skin :/  ) and have my hair curled or something. And I would have to wear flat shoes. I don't want to risk tripping in front of the beauty that is Sebastian Stan. Or maybe I should wear heals? That way if I trip, he'd have to catch me. Yeah... Yeah I'd wear heals. Sounds good. 

This would be the dress that I sashay around the ballroom in. 


Moving on! 

....

wait one last glance at the cuteness













Mily: I knew that introductory course to ballroom dancing would come in handy!

Firstly, who says a Huff can’t be centre of attention? I think the most important part of the Yule Ball is the dress… I’ll find a date to match ;)
This is what I would wear to the Yule Ball… you know if I had the perfect body, infinite funds and suddenly lost all my clumsy ways and could walk in heels! Isn’t it pretty?

Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff by emily-bradley-dorman featuring a black ball gown

Now for my date! Drum roll please…



Jeremy Irvine! It took a while to narrow it down but I he’s the lucky guy… I mean, the best choice. He’s close to my own age (the only reason Jude Law couldn’t come was because he’s old enough to be my dad) and then there’s the fact he’s drop dead gorgeous! Just look at him… no seriously, just look.


Yes, he can take me dancing any night of the week! ;)


"Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourself along the way."

The last bookish task you must complete is a tricky one. You must choose one book that you can completely lose yourself in and then explain to us how you would fit into its pages.

SJ: Ugh, just one book? Why can't I be a like some sort of page jumper? I could jump from story to story depending on how I feel that day :)

But if I absolutely HAVE to choose, I'd go to Hogwarts. It's still the world as I know it, but with MAGIC! And I'd probably be that muggle born student who references a lot of television shows and everyone would look at me funny and not get any of my jokes. I'd be a socially awkward Slytherin who sits in the corner and pretends to read a book while secretly hexing rude, bullying students for a laugh. And I'd probably befriend people like Neville and Luna. 

I'd make a lot of Wizard of Oz jokes in front of Draco too. Like, if he was being a jerk to somebody, I'd say, "Aw, look at the great and powerful Wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" And he'd be like, "What are you on about?" Me, "You really don't know who Oz was? Your ignorance about a wizard so mighty will surely disappoint your daddy." Hopefully that snide comment would stick with him and fester until he's dying to know who the Wizard of Oz is, but none of the books in the library mention him, and then finally, Draco would come storming up to me and call me on my bluff. BUT WAIT! I'll pull out a copy of The Wizard of Oz and make him read it, and then while in Diagon Alley looking for school supplies, I'll drag him out to London, find a theatre and make him watch the film on the big screen. 

That is the story of how I'll get Draco Malfoy to become a Wizard of Oz fanboy. 

Why in God's name did I go off on this random tangent? 

Mily: One book to get lost in? I have to agree with SJ on this one, the only world I’d be happy to completely lose myself in is the Harry Potter series. I mean come on! Magic and adventure and the Weasleys and pointy hats… who wouldn’t want to leave their Muggle world behind and go to Hogwarts?

How would I fit in? Well that’s easy… to begin with I’ll just hang out with the Weasley’s. I’m ginger so they won’t even realise I’ve infiltrated their ranks and by the time they do notice they’ll all love me and it wouldn’t even matter. Also, I was never meant to be a Muggle, so this if just logical.
Luna would definitely be my best friend! I’d go searching for all her ‘missing’ things and we’d be happy in our own little crazy bubble. I’d be failing potions for sure but I’d also be top of my class in Charms, and I’d work really hard because one day I’ll be a professor at my beloved Hogwarts! I’d totally rock the pointy hat.

 photo 95_zpsdb2de53b.jpg

I mean look! I fit in perfectly ;)



Our bloggers have completed all three of our bookish tasks. They made it through the dangers of Dystopia. They saved their favourite books from water damage and lastly they submersed themselves into the Wizarding world without losing who they are.
They have shown us what it takes to be a true - if not slightly mental - blogger.


AND THE WINNER IS…


You Decide
  
pollcode.com free polls 

8 comments:

  1. You guys, this is so unbelievably creative! Great idea! I loved reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad you enjoyed it!

      Mily x

      Delete
  2. You ladies did an amazing job! I loved reading this it was so creative and fun. I don't think I can vote though, you both win! Haha. Thanks for participating. I am excited for next week now! :)

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) We had a lot of fun putting this together - well at least I did ;)

      Mily x

      Delete
  3. What a good idea for a guest post! I think Milly wins by a hair because of the well organized bookshelf. (I'm OCD what can I say!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved this! Great first post :) xx -Jessica

    ReplyDelete