Inside Out Book Tag


INSIDE & OUT

~ Book Tag ~

i

nside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
Paperbacks - no. Hardbacks - yes & here's why... with a paperback the summary is more of a blur. It gives you just enough although at the same time can be a little cryptic when it comes to giving you the good stuff. However with a hard back the they seem to think just because the summary is on the inside of the book means that they can give you WAY too much info. So I guess it's completely dependant on the book but as a rule that tend to be the case. 
n

ew book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?
If I can afford it at the time Hardback although I don't mind a paperback. I only really get ARC's as ebooks and I never get audio. I find the voice, however nice it may be, grating after about two hours. 
s
cribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
I've NEVER understood how people can write in their books. I couldn't even do it will text for school. I need to keep my books clean and pretty!! 

i
n your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book.

I don't remember first lines! So this is the first line of the book I am currently reading, Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker. 


"A soft hiss... my heart thumping in my ears."

Good book but maybe not the best opening line in the world. I read a book once where the first like was something about the character wanting to fire her mum. That was cute but I can't for the life of me tell you want book that was! 

d oes it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
Not in the slightest. What does gender have to do with how well a book is written? 
e
ver read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
Not so much anymore but I was really bad at this at one point. I would always read the last paragraph before I even thought of starting a book. Also is I'm reading a scene that a little dull, which in all fairness most books have the odd one, I used to skip a couple of chapters and read an odd sentence just to see what was going on. This is almost as bad an idea as reading the last page! You have no idea how many books that has spoiled. 

FYI I read ahead in Allegiant by Veronica Roth... worst book related mistake of my life!!!!


&

o
rganized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?


Somewhere in the middle. I mean my bookshelves are probably the most organised things about me but at the same time I have so many books it's impossible for there not to be at least a little bit of chaos on my shelves. 
u
nder oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?


Just every other book I ever buy. I'm a total book snob and I usually won't buy a book unless I like the cover unless I'm sort of desperate for it! However, I have many a book on my semi-organised shelves that I have no clue what they are about just that they have pretty covers. Is that bad?
t
ake it outside to read, or stay in?
Depends on the weather. Inside, snuggled up in bed when it's cold and outside in the garden when the sun is shining. Although this is England so 80% of the time I'll be inside.


How about you? Let me know your answers in the comments below or if you've done the tag yourself leave a link so I can check it out. If not? Then give it a go!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mily, I've really loved doing this tag. My answers are here
    http://aheadinabook.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/inside-out-book-tag.html
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete