WoW #10


The Jewel
by Amy Ewing


Hardcover: 358 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: September 2nd 2014
Language: English
ISBN: 0662235796


The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty—because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.
Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.
Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence... and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.


Why I'm waiting...

I first came by this book after watching Epic Reads ARC party on youtube a little while back. Firstly, can we just take a moment to appreciate that cover? It's gorgeous and exactly the kind of thing that will draw a YA reader in. Then there's the fact that it sounds like a really great book. September is a forever away... I hope it gets here soon so I can read this one!!

What are you waiting for this fine Wednesday?

19 comments:

  1. I've added this to my TBR list as well. I hope this one delivers. It sounds so promising. :) Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is gaining a lot of hype. It's definitely intriguing and has a beautiful cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little dubious about the hype this books getting so I hope it live up to my expectations :)

      Delete
  3. I'm really hoping this one ends up being as good as it sounds. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love forbidden romances! It just makes them seem all the more exciting! Great pick!

    Check out my WoW @ http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-firefight.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does sound really interesting, and I hope it lives up to the hype too. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting our WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has such a gorgeous cover and I can't wait to read it too. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh can't wait for this! Even if it does remind me of The Selection (which I've never read) but such a pretty cover! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. someone else who hasn't read The Selection! I feel like we're becoming extinct!

      Delete
  8. This one has such a pretty cover. It's on Edelweiss atm if you are interested. I actually met the author at BEA while I was walking around. She is very nice. I'm excited about her book.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got declined for this one :( But I have so many other books to read I'm sure I can wait... I think... maybe... I'll give it a go ;)

      Delete
  9. I got this book and I cannot wait to start it! Great picked!

    Our WOW

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm jealous! You'll have to let me know how it is :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely pick! I also added The Jewel to my TBR a while back -- that cover demanded I do so! I'm hoping it delivers. I'm a little nervous about it though. A friend of mine read it already, and she was not impressed. Here's to hoping our experiences are different!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who also wasn't impressed but it's really hard to impress her so I don't think it counts :P

      Delete
  11. This has such a beautiful cover, and im still hungover with the end of the selection series, so this is coming at a perfect time :)

    Here's my pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful cover!! Definitely one I'll have to keep my eye open for :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cover is amazing. I wanted it for that reason alone! But reading the synopsis, it also sounds really good. This one is on my TBR for sure. Hope you enjoy it!

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's everywhere!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete