Waiting on Wednesday #14



GIRLHOOD
by Cat Clarke



Pages: 384 paperback
Publisher: Quercus /Hachette Children's Books
ISBN: 9781784292737


Summary 


Harper has tried to forget the past and fit in at expensive boarding school Brodick Academy. But she can't escape guilt of her twin sister's Izzy's death, and her own part in it. 
But new girl Kirsty seems to understand Harper. She has lost a sister too. Harper finally feels secure. She finally feels...loved. As if she can grow beyond the person she was when Izzy died.
Then Kirsty's behaviour becomes more erratic. Why is her life a perfect mirror of Harper's? And why is she so obsessed with Harper's dead sister? 
A darkly compulsive story about love, death, and growing up under the shadow of grief. 


PUBLICATION DATE:
4th of May 2017

I am a HUGE fan of Cat Clarke's! I love the fact she tackles subjects that are raw, fresh and not always easy to read. Her characters are always perfectly flawed and I can't wait to have another strong female character to get behind! Bring on star wars day! May the 4th!!!! 


What is your #WaitingOnWednesday this week? Comment below as I'm excited to see what everyone else is looking forward to! 






1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Torn by Cat Clarke, so thanks for bringing this one to my attention! It looks so awesome!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete