Guest Post: Laura Lovelock


 photo ScreenShot2014-06-20at224516_zps65130c6f.jpg
Desperate for YA
by Laura Lovelock

 photo laura_zps464f8498.jpg

Young Adult fiction is one of my go-to genres when I’m looking for my next epic read. I love the honesty of the protagonists, the skill the authors have in portraying such relatable characters and the way YA fiction makes me feel - it makes me feel alive and excited and affects me a lot more than a good handful of adult fiction does.

There are so many amazing YA books out there at the moment but there are some that I just cannot wait to read this year. We have already been treated to some incredible books since January but here are five I am desperate to get my hands on:


The Infinite Sea by Ricky Yancey
After reading The Fifth Wave earlier this year, I have been craving the next book in this series by Yancey. Following our protagonist, Cassie, through the beginning of an alien invasion, we join her on her mission to overcome all obstacles that inevitably get in her way. The ending of this book is one that leaves you wanting more and I cannot wait to re-join Cassie and the cast of other amazing characters as they continue their quest to survive.

Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Stephanie Perkins is without a doubt one of my favourite contemporary YA authors. Her novels (Anna & The French Kiss and Lola & The Boy Next Door) are outstandingly good and are ones that I can read easily in one afternoon. Each book slightly links on from the other – with recurring characters so I cannot wait to see who will pop up in Isla’s story. This is the perfect kind of contemporary romance that will make you wish you were 18 again and falling in love for the very first time.

Seven Second Delay by Tom Easton
I have never heard of Tom Easton before but when I saw the cover of his novel on Amazon a few months ago I got VERY excited! Seven Second Delay sounds like it’s going to be a totally epic adventure that crosses into the boundaries of sci-fi/fantasy. I love how this book is also told from a female’s perspective – I am starting to really love the number of male authors writing from female points of view.

The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne
I LOVE the sound, look, feel of this book. It is going to be insanely good – I can just tell! The cover is also BEA-U-TIFUL. Holly Bourne has written a few other novels which, embarrassingly, I haven’t actually got round to reading yet.  However, her name is often muttered whenever I am on Twitter and talking about YA fiction so I am SUPER excited to get to read this one!

Girl, Online by Zoe Sugg
I am really intrigued about this book. I am not entirely sure how I feel about Zoe writing a book because I never realised that she was actually interested in writing! So I will be really keen to read this book. The premise sounds compelling and I think she’s going to be able to draw on a lot of real life experiences for the novel which is apparently total fiction. This isn’t out until late November I believe so still a while to go!


So, they are the five YA books I can’t wait to read this year! Have you got any books you can’t wait to get your hands on? I’d love to add some more to my Wish List!

No comments:

Post a Comment